Are you envisioning a relaxing area of your commercial building that radiates sophistication and is the epitome of brilliant aesthetics? Well, look no further than water features and fountains to elevate your outdoor space. They add a hint of luxury and create a serene atmosphere. It is a sight for sore eyes and music to ears. It does not matter if you are starting from scratch; we can help you understand the cost breakdown of fountains; take this blog as an initial guide to kick start your journey!
Types of Water Fountains
The first step is getting in touch with a professional and explaining your design preferences; according to that, they will set color schemes, choose materials, and provide a blueprint for your layout. Understanding your available space is a must for discussing various water feature options, material costs, access to water, and potential variations in pricing based on irrigation and drainage requirements.
Here are some popular fountains and water features you can add to elevate your space.
- Urn Fountains
- Disappearing Waterfalls
- Fountain in the Garden Wall
- Large Round Fountain
- Tiered Outdoor Fountains
- Sphere Disappearing Fountain
- Overflowing Pots
- Spout Fountains
- Circular Fountains
- Square Fountains
Decoding Water Fountains Costs
Before you commence the water fountain project, it is a must to know about how much it would cost you on average. These values might give you a general idea but often exclude factors like local labor rates, material costs, and necessary permits. The average cost for a small water fountain construction ranges from $1200 to $1500.
This estimate includes material costs per square foot, labor costs, materials and equipment for water fountains, surface preparation, components, machinery, and cleanup fees. However, as mentioned earlier, it does not include permits, inspection/building fees, material sales taxes, and general contractor fees, if applicable.
We suggest you sit down with your contractor and devise a comprehensive list of fees, permits, and extra charges for a better understanding.
Benefits of Adding Them
Water features add more than just aesthetics to your location. The soothing sounds of flowing water play a major role in relaxation, while the visual appeal attracts fascinating wildlife; think of it as a hub of hustle and bustle. Moreover, such landscape also adds to a place’s curb appeal, meaning it has the potential to increase the asset value.
Tips for Maintenance
To make sure that the focal point remains your outdoor fountain, follow these easy maintenance tips that will make them look as good as new:
- Regular Cleaning:
- Wipe off the inner sides of your bowl with a soft, non-abrasive cloth.
- Do not forget to cleanse the outer edges to prevent dirt accumulation.
- Consider using special fountain cleaning fluids.
- Pump Maintenance:
- Ensure that you periodically drain, clean, and refill your pump.
- Use a bottle brush or pipe cleaners to clear any blockages.
- Emptying the Water Bowl:
- Make sure to empty the bowl every 4-6 months and scrub away limescale or algae buildup.
- Use a toothbrush or hard-bristled brush with ordinary detergent for cleaning.
- Pump Care:
- Dismantle and disinfect your pump every year with white vinegar and lemon juice.
- Add filtered water in areas with hard water.
- Algae Prevention:
- Choose a special algae prevention solution.
- Move the fountain into the shade to reduce algae growth.
- Water Topping:
- Replace water every month, adding algae repellent.
- Ensure the fountain has enough water during the summer.
- Consider installing an auto-refill system to prevent stagnation.
Now that you know how much water fountains cost, your next step is to get in touch with a trusty contractor like us to help you with the project. Together, you can create a captivating water feature that enhances both the beauty and ambiance of your outdoor space. Now that you know where to start, give us a call for your commercial construction project. Talk to professionals at Advance Construction and Development by dialing (936) 521-2446 to get answers to all your queries. Or, you can drop by our office in Texas for assistance.